October 14, 2008

Hunting & a little softball!

Danon shot a deer (4x5 for those who care) .... well, kind of! He called me early in the morning after I was leaving the pool and needed me to bring him some "tools" to gut the thing. So I hopped in my car still drenched in chlorine and met him up the mountain just thinking that I was going to give him the stuff and let him take care of his "doings"because I don't do well with things like that! Anyways ,I got suckered in and hiked down some steep terrain to the deer. I took one look at it and was TOTALLY GROSSED OUT! I mean the poor deer had open large sores on it. (You can see the one on it's shoulder) I told Danon it had a disease! To make a long story short.. Danon packed that thing out and I called the DWR to have them look at the open sores on the thing! Turns out the deer had warts which are harmless and are passed on from deer to deer. The kind man took the entire deer and re-issued Danon a new tag! So he will be off hunting again this weekend!

Hooray for Artic Circle & Monday Night Cedar League Softball! Danon's team won the championship! This is the only picture I have just before they were given the trophy! My camera froze up because it was SO dang cold! Good work boys!

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lucky you! You get to be husbandless some more! I swear I feel like a single mom during the hunts!! Cant wait till they are over.

Jade said...

Congrats Danon on the buck and win. Now good luck getting another deer.

Brian and Megan said...

Thats the first pic we have seen of Danon's deer it was pretty nice!

The Ashdown's said...

I am so glad you found me! Your blog is so cute! I love it!

Steph and Hunter said...

Bree! Don't you worry, Hunter headed up the mountain on Friday and wont be back until Thursday. If you need a friend to keep you company then just give me a call! (Now would be a great time to test out my vac!) Ha ha! Anyway,that is awesome that Danon got another tag. What luck!