October 20, 2008

Bringing Home Mo (A.K.A. The TOAD)!!!

Yup.. Danon got another one! For those counting this is the 2nd deer this year! (First one the DWR took b/c of the wart situation remember?). Anyways, this time Danon brought home Mo aka "THE TOAD"! All of Danon's hard work of scouting & hiking finally paid off HoOrAy!! Here's the stats for those who care... 4 X 4, 29" wide with SUPER SUPER THICK horns! That's what made Mo "The Toad"! It scored 180!!!!!!! Jaden was the real trooper and hiked that dang steep terrain!! The deer camp crew was pretty stoked about Danon's kill. Danon is getting it mounted and I am trying to get Mo a comfortable permanent home on the wall in the garage when he's done!! Danon has other plans but I guess we'll have to flip a coin to see where Mo will take his resting place! Congrats Danon you reaped the rewards of your dang hard work!! Love ya!

Transporting Mo
People actually followed Danon to the taxidermy to get a closer look! One guy about wrecked on main street looking at it and another stopped Danon and thought he shot an elk!


Danon with the catch of his life! Right Danon??




Ok so I love Halloween. Last year I bought this life sized mummy I call Frank that does scary things. I was going to put Frank in the back of the wagon in my yard and have 2 skeletons drving the wagon but I haven't got around to arranging that so I had other plans! I put him in the shower so when Danon turned the sharp corner to get in he would see the creature in there! He sure saw it and I have never seen his eyes so wide and he jumped a bit! It was hillarious!! We've also pulled out Frank out on some of our guests that knock on our door! I really should video tape people's reactions. It's so funny!

15 comments:

Jordan y Lacey said...

I have to admit that deer is a monster! I feel bad for giving Jordan grief about his deer after seeing Danon's! haha.. Way to go Danon!

Oh and by the way, you guys scared me so bad with Frank the mummy. I came over to your house, and i hear, "come in!" next thing you know i walk into a 6 foot mummy! I screamed so loud!! grrr... haha

Hope all is well...and good luck with your wisdom teeth here in a couple of days!! Call me if ya need anything!

Love ya,
Lacey

SheriDawn said...

Wow that is one big deer! Maybe we should hire Danon to help us out next time since we didn't even get a little one :) By the way, Frank is very cute.

Jess Mangum said...

awesome deer! mike will be jealous!! and that frank.. that is soo funny!

Taylor, Ashlyn & Kylee said...

I really think the deer would look great in you living room! haha... I lost the coin toss at our house as you know I have the cougar on my wall. Way to go Dan! Love you guys.

Julie

Caldwell5 said...

That is such a nice deer, and that is so funny about Fank we love to scare each other at our house it is alot of fun. We missed you at work today hope you are feeling ok after the wisdom teeth.

love ya,
Chantyl

Steph and Hunter said...

Bree! You are definitely Danon's best catch (You are too funny!) Anyway, Hunter is VERY impressed with Danon's deer! He didn't see anything all week when he went hunting. He should probably go with Danon! Ha ha! Anyway, Frank is AWESOME! Love it!

Jade said...

That is a once in a life time deer! Congrats!

NATE, SARAH, AND JORDAN said...

That mummy is so funny. You weren't lying when you told me you needed help finding somewhere to put it haha its freakin huge. Thats hilarious. I am super glad you have a blog now I can see all your fun stuff even though we are in the same neighborhood haha.

Nicole DeMille said...

Hey we just wanted to make sure you knew we are blessing Braxton and Gavin on Nov 2nd at 9 at the rock church. We were wondering if you wouldn't mind making two pans of corn bread too. Let me know if you can't. Thanks a bunch. P.S You are hilarious!!! I love the mummy in the shower

The Allen Family said...

Hey! Haha! Love the picture of Dannon's greatest catch! :) Plus, that mummy is hilarious!

Nicole DeMille said...

Thanks for the recipe. You are fine I was in no hurry to get it. We will see you this weekend. Thanks for making the corn bread yours always tastes good.

DeMille Family said...

Great pics of the deer! I hadn't seen it yet, but now I know why Dannon should be so proud and he definately has bragging rights! Prepare that space on the wall for it:)

Cam, Linz and Cohen said...

Thanks again for taking the pics on Halloween. You are an amazing photographer. I was so happy to see. We need to make it more often!!

Jenelle said...

We've been meaning to come by and see your deer, Can't wait. I love Frank, I can almost see Dannon about to pee his pants with that one

Sylvia said...

How are you guys doing? It was fun to visit with you two at wal mart the other day. Nice buck! Brett came home empty handed this year:(
Do you help with Coys class? I hope he is nice! He can be naughty!